Super Brevet Scandinavia is run under rules and regulations very similar to the ones applied to Paris-Brest-Paris. The main points are listed below and at the bottom of the page you find a link to the full text:
- The bike must only be driven by muscle power
- Special bikes of all sorts are very welcome, as long as they comply with the traffic rules
- Tri-bars and extensions to the handlebars are not allowed
- The bike must be fitted with adequate lights for driving at night and during the day under poor light conditions
- The participants must wear a reflective west when driving at night and under poor light conditions
- To wear a helmet is compulsory in S-B-S
- To offer or receive support on the route outside the controls is forbidden, but allowed at the controls
- Participants are allowed to help each other on the route
- Traffic laws of Denmark, Norway and Sweden must be respected
- Directions of the organizers must be respected and followed
- It is not allowed to throw litter on the road
- Controls must be passed within the time limits stated on the brevet card
- Finish in Kristiansand must be reached within 90 hours
The organizers can penalize violations to the rules by adding a time penalty to the overall time.
You'll find the full text of the rules by following this link (pdf).